Planning a wedding can be exciting but sometimes it can be demanding. Don’t let booking the hotel rooms for your guests get to you! Here are some wedding expert’s top tips for offering the best place for your guests to stay and play while in town for your big day!
For the group block:
- When contracting the block, ensure the hotel will not penalize you for unused rooms – read the fine print!
- Comparative shop – check the hotel’s website before booking the block to see what rates they are offering during your wedding. It never hurts to ask for a better rate, especially if there is special out there.
- Tech savvy travelers will appreciate a website to book their reservations. See if your hotel can set up a web link to book reservations directly in the group block!
- Be sure your guests are aware of the cut-off date for booking the reservations. This way they can lock in the rate before it goes away!
- Ask your hotel contact if the hotel participates in any points programs. Many hotels will offer planning points for booking with them!
- Check your social media travel sites before booking! It’s always a great idea to look at sites such as TripAdvisor to get a first-hand experience review. Don’t forget to encourage reviews too!
- Determine if the hotel provides a shuttle and where it goes. Be sure to ask if you can reserve the shuttle for a certain time if they go to your ceremony/reception site.
- Every person has their own travel style. Try to offer a few different types of hotels for your guests to choose from.
For the gift bag:
- Plan to party? Add mini packs of pain relievers with water for the day after aches and pains. Step it up a notch by providing an electrolyte packed beverage instead!
- Provide a reusable bag – something they can keep around to remember the big day! This will also keep you eco-friendly!
- Where are you from? Provide a small snack or local gift that showcases your hometown!
- Your guests are coming in for an average of 2 days – give them a list of some of your favorite places. Don’t forget a map!
- If your guests are bringing children, consider adding a small toy or game. This will keep them enjoying their fun which will help de-stress their parents!
- What’s the game plan? Be sure to include an itinerary for your guests and list the transportation options for those traveling without wheels.
From your wedding guest room experts: Amanda Saari & Karla Pietras at Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne